Introduce Yourself!

Hello and welcome to @Brane and @Michael_Marquis. It’s great to have you both here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Mike.

I used to work as a sound engineer in the mid 70’s in a 24 track studio in Manchester recording music plus voiceovers/adverts for Piccadilly Radio & Granada in Manchester.

The studio used to re-record bands playing on a weekly pop progarmme on Granada TV so they could mime to their hits. Therefore (and this dates it) I worked with the likes of Marc Bolan, Shawaddywaddy, Gilbert O’Sulivan, Bay City Rollers, Pilot and many more.

My claim to fame was my first own session (rather than working as a team). This produced the Buzzcocks first EP, Spiral Scratch which included Boredom. I also worked with Sad Cafe a lot.

However, the studio went bust and I went on to work for record companies like Polydor, Phonogram and Warner Electra Atlantic making records go up in the charts, plugging at radio stations and looking after bands in tour (AC/DC, Genesis, George Benson any many more).

I moved away from all of that and apart from playing in bands, I’ve been in Telecoms for 30 years in Harrogate, Wokingham and Ventnor, until the opportunity to start podcasting for a trade association that run came along.

Now back on the dials.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome my friend.

I havent been around much but hopefully that will change.

Best

JB

HI Mike. I’m so glad to be part of the community.
I started DJing back in 1985 when we used not only records, but the onslaught of the CDs came into play (no pun intended). It was a a lot of work setting up, sound checking, playing for 4-5 hours, then dismantling and transporting stuff back home. But it was fun for a while. I didn’t have any jingles then, I used pieces of popular music behind my live voice. It worked! I had to be better than my contemporaries who were trying to steal my popularity and dance fanatics. I kept the music flowing as best I could, with the least amount of talk. I was a mobile DJ for 10 yrs, in different US locations. Finally I got burned out of the work entailed to do it all. I sold all my audio equipment to a new DJ and taught him how to use it. I was dormant until 2007, when I happened to be listening to an Internet radio station and liked what they played. I got hold of the elderly DJ who was playing and he suggested I become an Internet radio DJ. I joined that station and became ‘famous’ enough that the owner asked me to be the Assistant Station Manager! I was thrilled. All I had to do was ensure all scheduled DJs made their shift and that their connection to the server was sufficient. But I also was a DJ as well. I had 80s rock nights which built up the listener level dramatically. I was also learning new things, and getting into audio editing. I went to work for four other stations within the next two years and was primarily interested in making station jingles, soundchecks, DJ promos. I bought some relatively useful software to edit and create audio files with thousands of sound effects I acquired as well. Being a DJ was only 2nd to what I liked doing best. In late 2009, I had a financial downfall and had to give up a lot of things. I was ‘gone’ until 2014 and began rebuilding what I used to have. I’m not complete yet, but I am working on it. The DJs who I used to work with want me back really bad, but my Internet connection isn’t sufficient to broadcast at this time. In the meantime, I DJ with my laptop at a local cafe’ now and then. The regulars love me and always want to know when I play again. I’m touched. To build up my ‘shows’ I include several homemade jingles and audio show identifiers. They’re not worth as good as yours, not even close, so I will be ordering some customized jingles to go with my cafe’ shows. Thanks for all you hard work and dedication.

2 Likes

Hi all! Excited to be a part of this group.

I’m an on air talent and Imaging Director for a top 40 radio station. Always looking for new methods and ways of doing things!

Can’t wait to learn and share my thoughts with the group.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @onairaustin, nice to have you here.

1 Like

welcome Onai, this is the nice place, and i hope you will enjoy

Hi all!

Missed this part earlier! Very happy to join the MRC community! Long story short, after 25 years absence, decided to get back into the broadcast world. Interesting note: there have been a LOT of changes in technology since 1992! Go figure! On the plus side, I’ve always been a tech geek and I LOVE modern audio editing software! So, I found I have a bit of a passion for imaging and want to develop my skills and knowledge as I look to re-enter the field before they make me retire! :slight_smile: Discovered Mike’s YouTube videos, which have been a big help in learning new skills and techniques, so came here to learn from The Master. (Not the Dr. Who guy…)

Looking forward to learning and sharing ideas with all of you!

Dave

1 Like

Welcome @Dave_Again, nice to have you here with us…

:metal::headphones::metal:

1 Like

Hi there
yasien trabih Netherlands zuidlaren europe
I am a professional beginner inside adobe but
my voice is very bad for voice over’s just like comercial things

hope you can help me

have 0 projects

i like radio podcast shows commercial’s self written songs

Welcome @Yasien_Trabih exactly in what can we help you? Welcome to this great community.

Hi all! Very excited to be a part of this group.

@Mike teached me to be able reaching a high quality without being an audio engineer.

For that reason (and for the reason of being lazy :)) I ve ordered his Audition presets to support him.

Unfortunately I am a little bit scared as Mike or Izabel do not react to me (getting access to the tutorials) But thats another topic.

Im a german, 34 y old radio lover. I just love to try things and LOVE to make jingles.

(BIG SORRY in advance as my english is not perfect)

Nice to be here!

Welcome @MRANSCHU to the community. Nice to have you here!

Good morning everyone,

My name’s Charleston Maddison and I am from Majuro Marshall Islands and I am a huge fan of this community. This is my first time writing here and just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for the awesome sharing of information of many useful techniques that can help one another improve one’s skills in Audio Production. Thank you Mike for all the tutorial videos, they have been playing major roles in the productions that I have been doing. Wish I had all the production gears I needed since everything here is very limited. LOL!! But just gotta work with what I got so far. From Majuro Marshall Islands, my family and I wish everyone a FANTASTIC weekend!! Cheers!

1 Like

Welcome @FairyCherub, nice to have you in here. Remember, the gear helps, but what’s important, is what you can do with your creativity. Welcome to this community.

Cheers

Thank you @Juanmapinker. Will remember that!!

Hi everyone, I was told about this place as I am struggling with a number of issues regarding doing home recordings, live streams, using OBS, etc.
I got told it was a great place to come and find advice from others, but I’m not really sure where to start or what the etiquette is. I’ve also got a million questions, so not really sure which to ask first, except for - today I was about to buy a microphone stand and/or boom.
I have just purchased a blue yeti for use with the videos I create, but now I need some kind of way to attach it so that it is above my head and off camera.
I found some mic booms on amazon that looked really cheap, but surely it can’t be that easy.
For those interested, my youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/GamingRulesVideos so you can see the kind of thing I create.

Welcome @PaulGrogan, here you find help from a Huge group of people. I’m surge you will find this place ver y useful.

Hi everyone. First time poster to the community. I work in a small primary school and run our school’s radio station, so I get to produce and enjoy putting together the imaging. Looking forward to picking up tips and tricks from others with vastly more experience.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @irockey. Nice to have you here!