Introduce Yourself!

Hi Danny! Nive to meet you. Why don’t you check out my webpage, you can see the courses I have there. Will be glad to see you among my student.

ok… i will check it then…

Hey Everyone!
my name is Jason and I would like to personally thank @Mike for being such an awesome mentor to all of us beginners out here. I began to volunteer as a narrator of audio books for those with sight difficulties and other disabilities, which opened the door into voice over work as narration. I barely knew how to hook up stereo equipment when I first began exploring audio recording and editing. I chose Adobe Audition as it came with the creative cloud subscription, which led me to researching youtube for help, resulting in discovering Mike’s channel. With complete confidence I will say if it was not for Mike’s dedication to sharing and helping, my journey would have been way more difficult. I got into narration as a volunteer, because I love to help others and pay it forward. Mike’s dedication to helping newcomers like myself, proves he is down for the same cause. I have been involved full time in voice over work now for the last 3 years and I truly love what I do. Regardless, I still make time for volunteer work as I still believe in helping others. It gives me great pride to join such an awesome community where I look forward to new friends, new inspiration and new opportunities. Once again, thanks @Mike for being “Down for The Cause!”:grinning:
Jason AKA “Jitters”

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words Jitters. I appreciate you and a warm welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

Hi Danny, New here myself this is my first post, because I can’t work out how to introduce myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Danny, a warm welcome to the community. It’s great to have you here!

1 Like

Hi All

Just signed up to this awesome community website, and already received my certificate for completing the tutorial which I’m impressed with.

Been a fan of @Mike for many years now, and hope he continues to be awesome! If it wasn’t for you @Mike then I wouldn’t be as good with Audition as I am now, even though I am still a beginner, you’ve helped me a lot when I’ve been messing with audio in there, and absolutely love the Multi-Track Editor, which I often use just to make a playlist of music with transitions.

My favourite audio projects have been my own personal chart shows, where I have used MRC Countdowns, thanks to @Mike and Robin. Not a real chart show, just a little something for me.

Anyway, thanks for having me as part of the MRC Community!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @DavidHunterScot! A lot of us here are Audition users, so any questions you may have is sure to be answered by the community as well as @Mike! I hope you enjoy your stay in the community along with the rest of us!

2 Likes

Hi Guys

Im JB, im the head of production at an Internet Radio station called Stirling City Radio based in Stirling Central Scotland.

I personally present an 80’s radio show every Tues night and another show called the Non Stop Music Marathon.

Im currently learning using voice tracking for the music marathon shows but my 80s show is live.

Happy to be here and hopefully looking forward to building some new friendships.

:slight_smile:

JB

2 Likes

Hi @ProperJB!

Welcome to the community! There are a lot of radio people in this community, so building new friendships should not be difficult! :wink::grinning:

2 Likes

A very warm welcome @DavidHunterScot and thanks the sample jingle and for joining in with the live streams too!

@ProperJB you are very welcome here and I look forward to hearing more about your internet radio show.

1 Like

Thanks Mike, Happy to be here. You provide a superb service and a fantastic website.

best

JB

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome @OleHenrik

Welcome @ProperJB nice to have you in here

1 Like

I hope I’m posting this in the right place, as I found no “new post” control.

I’m a musician, played piano since before I could read, gigged a lot in the seventies in several local rock and supper-club bands in Westchester County, New York, got into MIDI shortly after it was invented with a DX7, progressed up the ranks of gizmos and gear through the nineties, went the PC route for sequencing with Texture, Sequencer Plus Gold, and Cakewalk, migrated to Windows and stuck with Cakewalk and then Sonar, now using Samplitude since July '16. Sold all my old hardware (Yamaha Motif kb and rack, Roland FA-06 and XR rack) and sunk it all into lots and lots of softsynths. Decided to break out and get into Logic Pro earlier this spring. It’s OK, but I’m kind of a true-to-Windows person, so I only dabble on the Mac side. Now I’m retired from my day job in IT, I have lots of time to mess around with music. I’m also an Internet broadcaster since '99, ran a station for a while, worked on two others since, all hobby outfits, but I treated my positions there like it was the real commercial thing. Just learned about MRC this morning, hope to show up in the daily programs and chats if they’re accessible. Oh yeah, accessible … I’m totally blind, mostly blind since birth, totally since the early seventies. If anyone’s interested in how visually impaired folks do the Windows and Mac stuff, I suppose a separate topic could be created about it, or you could write me off-board with any questions, all of which I’m happy to answer.

2 Likes

Welcome number 6. Welcome

Hello
Finally worked out how to post. :blush: I’m a producer/composer since 1990. This is a great place to be, thanks for having me. Thanks too to Mike for his generosity in sharing his knowledge :smile:

Hello @stegibson

Welcome to the Music Radio Creative Community! We’re glad you joined us!

If there is anything you need, just ask and someone will be able to help you. We’re all friendly on here. :slight_smile:

Thanks David for the warm welcome

hi im anthony just started my own online station and submitted a email to music radio creative and hopefully be able to use mikes voice been watching his live feeds for a while now