Introduce Yourself!

Hello All!

I’m Barb - a Brazilian/New Yorker trapped in Utah, USA (and I can’t get out :wink:). I’m a graphic designer and avid board gamer - that’s right. I said board gamer. I work for the board game publisher Tasty Minstrel Games (TMG). I like long walks on the beach, crocheting, and I make my own soap. I’m starting a board gaming podcast with my husband and two friends and it’s up to me to figure out how to make us sound better and wiser than we actually are.

I can use all the help I can get. I’m new to all this audio editing awesomeness and I’m here to gain mad skills from the all-knowing-wise-one (aka Mike).

I’ll see you guys on the live feed @nellaarabrab.
~Barb

2 Likes

Hey hey @Bobster @MarkThomasVO @Barb welcome!

Great to have you in here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi to all the members of this fantastic community !

My name is Renato and I live in Gorizia, located in the north-east of Italy, very close to the border with Slovenia.
I used to be a speaker/dj at a radio station in my town from 1977 to 1994, producing advertisings too.
I would like to collaborate again with a radio station but unfortunately there aren’t any left in my town.
At present I am a teacher of technical subjects at a technical high school (yes, I am a technical guy, with a degree in electrotechnical engineering at the university…).
Last year my passion for dj-ing started again and I had three gigs at my school, still improving my skills watching tutorials and listening to music on YouTube.
I am curious and willing to learn more things, specifically on the technical side.
Last but not least, following tutorials held in English (Mike is perfect for this), gives me the opportunity to improve my English comprehension skills.

Renato

2 Likes

Thanks for making a great intro @Renato! I always appreciate you (rovigo55) on the YouTube Live streams :slight_smile:

Today I have a new intro ready and even raised the dB a little too :level_slider:

1 Like

Thanks for your comments @Mike, so today my task will be to check on Audacity audio levels and the consistency of speaking and intro/outro (music).
I will report after the end of the streaming.

1 Like

hello its Liam here and i am the owner of megaradio UK and megaradiouk soul

4 Likes

Hi Liam! Welcome. Hope to work with you sometime.

1 Like

yes that would be good

i would also be nice to share some of my work

Hi Liam and welcome. Like your avatar (CATavatar…).

thank you nice to be here

Hey there!
I’m a imaging and commercial producer at a Christian station in Ontario, recently transferring from a small market to a medium market. I also do some voicework on the side.
Just looking to expand my knowledge and share some stuff that I know.

5 Likes

On the live stream, I am Michael Duffy. I have a radio show that I do every Saturday and produce comedy bits for the show.

I am in Rhode Island in the USA 5 hours behind GMT.

I posted some bits that I did in the Share Category.

I enjoy listening to the live show almost every day. (Do you do wake up calls?)

aka Cyberlarson

3 Likes

A warm welcome to our new arrivals!

Hello @Liam_Sloan @Zooy and @cyberlarson it’s great to see you here. This forum is becoming very cat friendly :smiley: :cat:

3 Likes

I produce music for my animations. Just heard Mike on live chat talk about the use of YouTube for “Pirate Radio”. I’m in!.

Hi! I am Viktoria. I am an English teacher, I have a few courses and a podcast. I use lots of different software, the one we are talking about today I have never used.

Hey there and welcome @ELDiggs and @vikulika it’s great to have you here :slight_smile:

Is this a Premium or free offer from them? I have one of each and am Interested however for things like this I much prefer to be sold on it through a fellow user as opposed to their site. If that makes sense. Thanks.

I am Jon Grandstaff, Joycean Rum on the stream. CEO and Creative Director of Martian Motion Pictures out of Austin TX. I’ve been watching Mike’s live streams since the 3rd one. I am a writer, painter, Photographer, cinematographer, Filmmaker, chef and musician. Another company I am part of, Moth to Flame Films in Austin, won the Louisiana State Film Festival 2016 and I started looking into Audition tutorials to make a few trailers to enter the film Into more festivals this summer and have always been slightly oobsessed with learning all aspects of what I do however prior to the stream and this community (joined in July immediately upon hearing of it) the vernacular used in audio was unknown to me in its entirety. Only 38 shows later and I am releasing an EP self produced and doing post production with audio for many local filmmakers and am Interested in further freelance work via the internet but MORE IMPORTANTLY and/or pertinent to this post I am available for any and all artistic collaboration in any way, AND FOR THE 1ST 10 TO ASK if I can enhance anyone’s audio with visuals perhaps for uploading via YouTube I will offer Logos, video watermarks, or up to 30 second intros for branding etc. FOR FREE FOR THE 1ST 10 people to request it in a response to this post as an appreciation for the hard work Mike has done for all of us.
I cannot thank you enough and this is by far the most amazing and helpful online community I have come across hands down.
I know it is early in its inception ut I believe Mike’s natural hosting abilities, the level of information he shares and most importantly this forum thus far indicates to me at least that this will become the place for audio afficinados and producers alike to find information about or locate the people they may need for their audio needs and while this is starting I want to make sure my services are available to any and all looking. I am entirely self taught (I went to film school - no audio training) but I am a professional and I know starting up does not mesh well with all the money one may have to invest so again thank Mike everyone and contact me for ANYTHING.

2 Likes

hi viktoria nice to meet you… i am Danny from Indonesia… i have a big problem how to speak ( in English Script) for my recording production… i will glad if you can help me… (sorry bout my English) … Gbu

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
My name is Danny
im from Indonesia / i am audio producer on this local radio / im using Adobe Audition since (Cool Edit pro) till now and i didnt had any course about this app… but i was followed Mike Tutorial on Youtube since 3 or 4 years ago… so i come to this forum is big pleasure joined and shared with all of you ladies and gents… thanks for Mike and everyone here nice to meet u all… (sorry for my English)

Terima kasih,

1 Like