Adobe Audition CC 2018 Issues

Start from scratch. All you need is here

Thanks, as ever it’s a great tutorial from Mike Russell - I’ve watched it already a couple of times! Unfortunately, every time I start from scratch I get the same bug on my setup (see the very short video below - it’s an odd one!).
Since my initial post, I’ve been in contact with Adobe tech support and they’re looking into it. Maybe it’s because I’m running macOS High Sierra.

Really hope they can fix it, as I’m enjoying Audition and am blown away by all the great posts and resources here :slight_smile:

Is this just occuring with the current update?
Can you do a roll-back?

Hi Mike
This and previous versions, unfortunately. I’ve been in touch with Adobe and they’ve confirmed that it’s a bug that they’re trying to replicate in full and deal with.

All working fine here.

Good for you, Mike. Will no doubt subscribe again when it’s fixed for my set up. Will keep an eye here to see when it’s fixed.

Have you changed any keyboard mapping?
Might be worth having a look to see what’s enabled/disabled by default or has become modified.

A programmer at Adobe has been in touch (I was sceptical at first, but turns out he is legit!) to work through this with me and hopefully find a fix. I’ll post back here any results.

1 Like

Programmer reckons the bug is fixed and will be in the next update. :slight_smile:

There was an update yesterday!

Turns out the programmer was referring to a prerelease build. Soon though, hopefully!

Is anyone here know what may cose this problem on the photo. The problem coming when i try to add Reverb efect on my voice. And the name of the file is Untitled 1.wav

Hi all,
Well i finally bit the bullet and upgraded Audition, all is great is except for these rather annoying 2 icons, that appear at the bottom right of EVERY workspace window. I have tried everything i know of to get rid of them including re-installing but to no avail.
They do NOT appear to do anything apart from the 2 in the editor window. They were not evident in any previous version…
Any ideas as to getting rid of them are greatly appreciated

My current reoccurring issue is Audition crashing when dealing with opening and closing effect dialog boxes, and also moving the effects between effects slots.
I used to think it was only when I was doing when playing the multitrack audio. But it also happens when I’m not playing.
It’s forced me to set my backup time to 1 mins to avoid any major losses.
I think it mainly occured with delay, reverb, and echo effects to start with. I can’t recall any other effects it cracked a fruity with.
My setup is:
Windows 10 (don’t know what update. The one where Task Manager allows catching up on previous days’ work. But I’m pretty sure it was happening before that update.)
Audition 2018.11.1
It makes me reluctant to use the damn effects!
Cheers
David.

Hello @Mr-Shortcuts, I had a similar problem with parametric EQ, I’m working on a huge track project. I contact adobe support, first they told me to repair the Microsoft Visual CC ++ 2012, 2013 and 2017 at the adding or remove programs by right click on each one and select repair. Then erase the temp files “%temp%”, then at the appdata/roaming/adobe, rename the audition folder to “audition.old”, same with the “common” folder. At the documents/adobe/ path, rename the “audition” folder to “audition.old” and reboot the pc. Then at audition, disable “Use hardware acceleration for drawing (restart required)” in Preferences>General and then quit and restart Audition. That should solve the drawing/crash for now.

They are working on a bug fix for this. try this and tell me if that works for you, it did for me.

I post a topic about bypassing all the plugins in all the tracks at the same time like in other DAWS, do you know how to do that?

Cheers my friend!

I’ve actually gone and bypassed these Windows problems altogether and am using a Mac for my work now. I trust it not to crash Audition.

1 Like