Which preset would be best to improve my audio?

I was hoping for a bit of advice please. I have the Pro Podcast Preset v3.1 and I was wondering which one would be best to improve some audio I have. My interviewee was using wireless headphones on her iPhone, via a Zoom call - however the audio quality sounds more like a telephone call than what it usually would sound like with wired headphones with mic.

The Zoom call preset doesn’t give any improvement at all and I think the Fix internal mic preset makes it marginally better, but not by much. I don’t think the other presets help either :confused:

Is there anything else I can do, or do I just need to settle for what I’ve got?

Hey there @celebritycatchup as you’ve probably noticed wireless headphones will often result in lower quality audio in addition to the connection being less stable than wired headphones. The Zoom Call Preset will do a number of things but primarily it’ll help reduce any background noise generated as well as boosting through positive EQ and compression.

There’s not that much you can do to restore a low quality recording. However, it’s worth to mention iZotope RX Spectral Recovery. Although it’s a pricey plugin it can restore clarity and detail that may be lost due to audio compression and other issues.

A very belated thanks for your response @Mike and suggesting iZotope RX Spectral Recovery. Blimey… pricey is the word! I don’t have the budget for £1000+ audio software as an indie, but good to know it exists in the event I can beg someone who does have it to help me out next time I’m in a bind!

Hi celebritycatchup,

Could you post some audio to listen to and possibly play with to see if there is a fix for this. 30secs should be plenty to try.

IanT.