Using Rodecaster for Voice tracking

Hi all

I am a voice tracker for various stations, I produce pre-recorded whole shows as well as voice tracking on Myriad RVT and Station playlist

I brought a Maonocaster thinking this will be a good bit of kit, however I am getting loop back when using it with playit voice track to make whole shows and on Myriad, I have worked out it’s listening to the whole mix I am working round this by monitoring through the PC and recording into the mic so it’s not listening through the maonocaster

What I need to do is be able to monitor my voice, so I was wondering if I upgraded to a Rodecaster pro, using the USB mix minus function would I then be able to voice track into Myriad for instance hear the last few seconds of the song speak and it not loop back the song? I don’t want to spend £500 for it to loop back!

Hi @Lee_Everest! You’ll find that the RØDECaster Pro is a multitrack desk. This means you can select each fader as a separate input. If this is the case you may select in your Myriad software to only record the microphone 1 channel.

I do something similar in Audition with my Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer and it works a treat every time!

I’m having similar problems. Also getting a skip in some of my tracks at the beginning.

Have a look at this, recommended by Broadcast Radio themselves as working with Myriad https://www.broadcastradio.com/low-cost-mixer-for-smaller-stations?fbclid=IwAR26nr6Vcd31ksFIlBEr23Yz3EVMgh9y046dIJk9cC7vkPF57NK0bZZhV_o

Just checking in… I am building a small home studio for remote voice tracking. I’ve been looking at the RodeCaster Pro.

Any luck?

I use a RodeCaster Pro a dual Cloudlifter and Sontronic Podcast Pro Mics into a M1 iMac and Adobe Audition with great results, I also take in phone calls via the TRRS and iPhone, it work for me.

Regards

Tim

I Voice track a number of stations in Canada. New to the Rode Caster Mixer. My issue so far is the Processing. Since the mixer has some built in, plus the option to add more…when it arrives at the radio station—it is sent out with more processing. Has anybody else dealt with this? It’s great with on board recording but tricky when sent out to stations. cheers Sled dog.

Hi Sled dog,

I have been using my RodeCaster Pro for over a year and have played with the on board processing and for me I find it works better to turn off all processing and add a bit in post in Adobe Audition.

I record my podcasts remotely over StreamYard, I use an M1 iMac, RodeCaster Pro, Cloudlifter, a Sontronics Podcast Pro Mic and edit in Adobe Audition if the helps.

The Tim Heale Podcasts

Ok thanks Tim

The system we use is “almost to live” over the PlayoutOne software. It’s an amazing Voice track system. You record directly to the soft wear, send it out to a cloud. Station system receives and loads it in under 30 seconds and it’s ready to air. However all stations run a fair bit of processing on their overall signal. So in some cases I’m double processing. And its really hard to get a decent level. I’m gonna try some different mics and take all processing off. Would really love to keep using this Rode Caster. Thanks , Sled Dog

Hi all. So I think I have sorted out the Rode Caster settings for Radio Voice tracking. Number one I found the best fit for Mic was the Rode PodMic which has a built in setting on the Pro Caster. For sure you want to click on the USB Mix Minus setting to avoid the digital feedback. I kept with factory processing settings. The Level setting is very key. I’m 75 on my windows ten recording and 33 on the Rodecaster. I’m about 2 inches off the mic and the sounds is clean and crisp. Good luck all. Sled dog