Using multiple mics in one space

Hi Guys,

Now I’m not sure if I’m being a bit thick but how does one record in a room with 2 or more mic direct through a RodeCaster Pro into a computer running Adobe Audition? I have multitrack set correctly with each mic assigned to its own track, the mics are Sontronics Podcast Pro dynamic and are about 4 to 5 feet apart, each user are using the right mic technique but I’m still getting all mics bleeding onto all tracks. Is this just a fact of life or am I doing something wrong? I have tried muting the others mics as each person is talking but this is hard keeping up with the speakers. It does make post production slight difficult not getting echo.

Any advice or top tips would be most welcome.

Thanks

Tim (The Tim Heale Podcasts)

2 Likes

Thanks for asking this @TimHeale9 and this is a common issue with multiple mics in one room called mic bleed. The good news is that it’s easy to remedy using a noise gate. Watch this video from the start and I’ll show you how :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Mike,

This has helped massively, I was struggling with it.

Regards

Tim

2 Likes

Let’s consider only one track, which was basically audio attached to a video, and trimmed the silence (from premier pro > edit sound in audition > save) now audio is not in sync with video. How to delete video as well for only portion that was silence-trimmed?