Focusrite - troubleshooting | No Sound IN

Hello everybody. Greetings from Denmark.

Have bought me a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2 gen.

Have finally figured out how to do the costum mix in Focusrite Control.

I Have sound out and in (IN FOCUSRITE CONTROL), indicated by moving meters.

But i cant get any sound in to audition.

My Settings in auditon:

Device class: MME
Default Input: Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio)
Default Output: Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio)

Im on a windows 10 PC and also here is no input show by meters.

ANY Help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Martin

If you have installed the Focusrite ASIO drivers, I would recommend using ASIO over mme, it’s generally considered to be better and will probably fix your problem. Welcome to the community by the way! It’s nice to see a fellow Scandinavian in the community!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, OleHenrik.
Will try to find the Focusrite ASIO drivers.
Convinced I had downloaded everything, when i registered online on a veryyyyy slow webpage by focusrite :slight_smile:

Mange tak, og i lige måde, Ole Henrik :wink:

1 Like

Have you made sure that what ever DAW you are using sees the Focusrite? Also I had similar problem that I fixed by looking at the sound control panel on my computer under play back and recording to make sure that the focusrite is the enabled one and all others, including the computer speakers were disabled.

1 Like

Greetings and welcome to the community @MartinSvanborg!

Have you checked Preferences > Audio Hardware and Preferences > Audio Channel Mapping to make sure that’s all good in Adobe Audition? You need to make sure your Focusrite device is showing up here:

Hey Will.

Thanks for your time. Really appreciated :smiley:
When i get OFF from work, ill try it out. Allready have an M-audio soundcard on the pc, so your suggestion might do the trick.

Will let you know if it works!

Martin

Hey @Mike allmighty :smile:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have learned so much from you. As you kan see, in my answar to Will i would try his suggestion, when i get home from work.
Martin

1 Like