Editing - Audacity

Hi Russel,

Myself Naren from India. I have seen your tutorials on audacity which is amazing with good information to the beginners. I have been using audacity since couple of years and I have been searching for the info on "Can we edit (delete a part) audio simultaneously while playing the same track in audacity??? "

Hi Naren,

Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation. I’m thrilled to hear that you’ve found our Audacity tutorials helpful.

To address your question, in Audacity, you cannot directly edit (such as delete a section of) an audio track while it’s playing in real-time. However, you can quickly pause, make your edits, and then resume playback. Here’s a suggested workflow:

1. Play the Track: Start playing your track by pressing the “Play” button.
  2. Pause for Editing: When you reach a part you’d like to edit, click the “Pause” button.
  3. Edit: Highlight the section you want to remove, and then press the “Delete” button or choose “Cut” from the Edit menu.
  4. Resume Playback: After making your edits, press the “Play” button again to resume playback from where you left off.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Best of luck with your audio editing journey!