Black zoom bar keeps expanding

Hello!
I’m brand new to adobe audition and I’m so excited to be learning how to use it. This page is such an awesome resource!

I’m stuck on something that is pretty annoying, I’m editing a short film that’s only about 6 minutes but my zoom bar keeps expanding making it frustrating to zoom and scroll. I can’t figure out why. I’d like it to only be the length of my film. Could you help with this?

Firstly, welcome to the Adobe Audition community! I’m thrilled to hear about your enthusiasm for learning the software, and I’m glad you find this page to be a valuable resource.

Regarding your zoom issue, it’s a common hiccup for newcomers, but it’s easily fixed:

1. Set Time Selection: One quick way is to highlight or select the entire length of your short film. Then, choose “Zoom to Selection” from the View menu (or simply press the shortcut Alt + =). This will make your view zoom into just the selected area.
  2. Zoom Out: Another way is to use the Zoom Out tool (Alt + -) until you can see your entire project. Once you see the full length of your film, continue to zoom out a bit more until you see blank space on either end of your project. Then, use the Zoom tool (Z) to manually adjust and focus on the exact area you want.
  3. Check Extra Tracks: Sometimes, there might be a small item, like a rogue marker or an audio clip, way down the timeline which could be causing Audition to think the project is longer than it actually is. Scroll to the end of your timeline to ensure there isn’t anything unexpected there.
  4. Workspace Reset: Occasionally, interface elements might go awry. Resetting the workspace can sometimes help. Go to Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout and see if that fixes the issue.

I hope one of these methods helps you get back on track with your editing! If you have any more questions or need further clarification on anything, feel free to ask. Happy editing!

Warm regards,