Best headphones for use with Rodecaster Pro 2

Hi there
Firstly - Wow!
I can’t believe I stumbled across this community!
I’ve signed up for the Podcast production course and now this! :star_struck: (I actually spend most of my days trawling through Mike’s YouTube channel for answers to questions I have :rofl:)
Anyway - quick question re: Rode Procaster 2
I need some new headphones - thinking the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
Do I need the 80 OHM or the 250 OHM for this set up? (and what do each mean? :thinking:)

Many thanks in advance

1 Like

It’s great to have you here Cate!!
I personally use DT900 PRO X with my Rodecaster Pro 2 and cannot fault them! I think the PRO X series is the latest from Beyerdynamic.

Hey a big warm welcome! Good news, both 80 Ohm and 250 Ohm Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones should work with the RØDECaster Pro II. Technically speaking Ohms are simply how much resistance headphones have to an electrical signal and RCP2 should be good with both.

There really is no difference in audio quality. I’d say the popular choice is 80 Ohm as those headphones will be more compatible with other devices.

I have the 250s and i would clearly recomend the 80s. Mine sound awesome but on the Rode 1 (I have the first gen one) they are very quiet and need to be driven pretty hard to hear them. I have both AT and Rode headphones that i love. I change between a number of different ones to keep from gettin head fatigue.

beyerdynamic solved the ohm issue with their latest PRO X series. Check out my recommendation in this video. They’ll sound good connected to anything even smartphones with custom mini-XLR to USB-C connector!