(@Mike Please set up a live streaming components category)
So I’ve been upgrading all week and improving client’s transmission speeds.
Most music production systems still run TB2 so upgraging to TB3 now will have you ready for when it’s becomes the industry standard.
If your mobo supports Thunderbolt technology, then add a TB3 PCIe card to connect all your gear. https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Motherboard-Accessory-THUNDERBOLTEX-Thunderbolt/dp/B06Y2L9WK2
A video capture card from Aja will take 4x HDMI 4K, HD, SD feeds directly bypassing USB and SATA busses and takes all the heavy lifting away from your CPU.
Thunderbolt 3.0 Features
- 40 Gbps, double the speed of Thunderbolt 2
- Bi-directional, dual-protocol (PCI Express and DisplayPort)
- Four lanes of PCI Express Gen 3
- Eight lanes of DisplayPort 1.2 (HBR2 and MST) – supports two 4K displays (4096 x 2160 30bpp @ 60 Hz)
- USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) – compatible with existing USB devices and cables
- DisplayPort 1.2 – compatible with existing DisplayPort displays, devices, and cables
- HDMI 2.0 support
- Power (based on USB power delivery)
- Up to 100W system charging
- 15W to bus-powered devices
- Faster than 10 Gb Ethernet connection between computers
- Daisy chaining (up to six devices)
- Lowest latency for PCI Express audio
- Connector: same shape as USB-C, reversible and flipable