Anyone tried Mac Studio for audio production?

Hey guys! Apple has released Mac Studio about a month ago. It’s an M1 Mac Mini on steroids. Did anyone try it so far? I heard that M1 Mac Mini was amazing for radio, DJ, and podcat production and that Mac Studio is not such an improvement? However, people say that it works amazingly when editing videos. Wanted to know if anyone tried it?

1 Like

I’m also curious. I’d guess it would be seriously overpowered for audio but would have the headroom for years to come.

I think it’s definitely overpriced and overpowered for radio, dj, podcast production. However, for podcast editors for example mixing down 1 hour podcast with all the effects, sounds, background music, etc can take a while, so if it can make the process faster, it’s a win.

On the other hand, not sure if it’s worth $1999.

Not got my hands on a Mac Studio but it does indeed look awesome and great for a range of Adobe Creative Cloud applications for sure!

I’m not sure about the 1x 3.5mm headphone jack included. Is this needed? A great audio interface would be the way to go in 99% of situations.

Looking foward to hearing from others with experience of the Mac Studio.