What is my occupation?

I was thinking since we have a pool for our audio editing skills, maybe we could say what we do for a living, who knows maybe something comes out from it :smile:.
I’m audio producer on two local radio stations in our media group. I mostly work on long term production, but I’m no stranger to daily needs of radio. Also I’m freelancing online and most of my work is based on audio editing for podcast, but there was some imaging and restoration jobs too.

2 Likes

Great idea @Saba

I am a Maintenance Engineer with an Associates degree in Network Administration and Graphic Design. I also run the Audio/Video team at my church and when I’m not doing that I manage 5 websites for locals including my church.

I wear a lot of hats and get paid like I wear none. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes indeed a great question @Saba I’m sure there is a great variety of occupations in this forum and and maybe a few surprises like mine.

I’m a dairy farmer (milking dairy cows 330 of them). My Dad is a farmer so its in my blood hence the reason I choose to do this now at the spring chicken age of 43.

But most of my working life has been around Selling technology and service and love of it I got started with a small Podcast back in 2007 and did what they call Podfaded around 2010 but, now ten years after I first started. I recently decided no more messing about I started a new Podcast and and invested decent cash into MRC to get some awesome audio files created for my Podcast and I’m buzzing with new ideas for my music podcast to do over the coming months to get into a regular routine…

2 Likes

Hi Saba. Yes good question. I am a Cloud Architect for Microsoft. I design solutions using the Microsoft Cloud Platform called Azure. However, at night I am a Ninja… no sorry… I wish I was a Ninja… however I currently masquerade as a musician mainly with Hardware Synths, Reason, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and Max. I am looking to go freelance with my Audio and Music production, working remotely and cheaply. I will start my new business venture in January 2018. Cheers Damon.

3 Likes

I use to be a dj at a radio station here in Mexico. Now I work in a different field… But my roots keeps loyalty to that. Singer, musician and everything that like that…

3 Likes

I’m a teacher at a technical high school. I teach stuff like electrotechnical subjects and industrial automation. I started the present occupation in 2002 when I lost my job: before I was working at a company in the field of industrial automation for steel making.
I used to be a speaker, dj and advertising producer at a radio station in Italy from about 1978 to 1994 and recently I restarted my passion for dj-ing: I performed 3 gigs at my school and I enjoyed it very much (my students too…).
However dj-ing and music is a hobby for me, not a profession: I want to learn how to manipulate sounds and music and improve my skills.

2 Likes

I am a Facilities Project Manager for a defense firm here in the DC Metro area. When I am not at my full time job I am the van pool driver for my daughters competitive swim team. My wife decided that she wanted to do VO so now I am wearing all the hats needed to run that business on top of everything else, hence writing this at 146 in the morning.

2 Likes

This is turning into an interesting discussion what a diverse bunch we are with audio to unite us all :slight_smile:

Thanks for starting this thread @Saba

3 Likes

@Mike @Joe_Salmi This is a picture at my Singer days… image rock all the way!

4 Likes

@saba I’m super late to this thread but I think it’s a great idea! I am have been in radio all my life (having grown up in the business). I have lots of experience in broadcast programming. I am the current voice of several radio stations across the US and have done quite a bit of voiceover work including narrating the US version of Border Patrol on Travel Channel. I love VO and audio production.

1 Like

hi guys. I am a Professional Multimedia Producer ,Photographer /Videographer,/PRO DJ/Audio /musician.
over the years I have done all kinds of work and I am still learning new things everyday .I will be doing more voiceover work next year and in the process of building my new studio .

1 Like

Hello @padj1! don’t forget to publish photos of your new studio when you finish it. See ya!

will do hi @Juanmapinker: ::headphones::microphone::guitar:
:drum:

1 Like

Hi all,

Thought it was about time I chipped in with my few cents and pennies.

I’m a Website Designer from a place in Scotland called Prestwick. Starting up my own business offering Internet Services to those with little or no technical knowledge in the field.

Feedback from others is all positive with my explanations being fairly easy to swallow and understand, which is a major plus for me.

Currently only offering my services to those who wish a personal, hobby, or small business website that is fairly informative only till I build up my experience to tackle the more advanced tasks, but feel free to get in touch anyway and we can discuss your options regardless of what they are.

Well that’s about it for me, for all the pennies and cents I have. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting thread! :slightly_smiling_face: I’m a copywriter, voice over, and producer.

I spend most of my work day copywriting, with a bit of a passion for video and audio scripts. I’ve written for some great clients, including Sony, Toshiba and VW. I’m also finding work as a voice over, voicing some videos for Toshiba and Sennheiser (was tempted to use a Rode on that one just for the hell of it! But stuck to my MK4 in the end). In my spare time I produce commercials and imaging for a couple of community FM stations.

Here’s how I sound.

Really enjoying the tips and good company on this board, and Mike’s videos are really helping me unlearn Audacity and discover the power of Audition! :grinning:
I first edited audio back in the late 80s using quarter inch tape, so the razor icon is lovely to see!

Just dismantled my old home studio and am spending a few grand on building a new one at the moment, so using my time to concentrate on production. But will back recording soon, if anyone needs VO contributions to their projects.

Cheers!
Glenn

1 Like

26, from Belgium, currently working 3 years in Shanghai, China as a crowdfunding project manager and more recently crypto and blockchain CMO. My girlfriend and I moving to Bali for 6 months and we want to focus full time on creating valuable travel content aimed towards expats as well as travelers who want to find out more about their destination in a cinematic point of view.

1 Like

Hello everyone. Beside my daily job on radio station as a producer, im also a DJ during weekends. Also im a vinyl collector.

1 Like