Video and External Mic recording in Premiere Pro at the same time?

Hi. I’m the author of a book that’s used in college courses. In the past, I’ve created slideshow videos in After Effects to supplement the book, and I’ve used Audition for recording the narration. But now, with Covid, I’ve been asked to create an online course and they say it’s best if I include my talking head, which I’ve never done before. So I’ll be putting my talking head in a small circle at the bottom of the slides. I’ll be using a Logitech C920 webcam to record the video of my talking head, and an external microphone with a preamp to record the audio.

So I’m wondering is if it’s possible to record both the video and the audio in Premier Pro at the same time. I’ve done a number of Google searches, and can’t find an explanation of how to do this. It seems like it would make more sense to record both the video and audio simultaneously in Premiere Pro rather than trying to sync the files manually afterward. (I’ll create the slides in AE.)

I’ll be using a recent MacBook pro with the latest Mac OS and the latest version of Premiere Pro. If you have any advice about how to do this, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

Welcome to the MRC Community @Paul!

I would personally use OBS studio (https://obsproject.com/) to record (its free) :slight_smile: You can quickly switch in between views etc. Maybe check out some youtube tutorials for more information :grin: