Using Presets for Reducing Noise From Skype Podcast Call

Hi, I am still a newbie about using the Presets. I did a Skype call and there is some background noise in the call. Not on all of the audio, just from time to time.

How do I use the Presets to process to reduce noise in Skype? I hope someone will give me a total description about how to use the Presets for this. Thanks!! Tony Wright

1 Like

Thanks for posting Tony! It may be worth to post a short sample of the audio you are working with - we can then take a look and see how to best tackle that noise inside the presets :slight_smile:

Izabela thanks - I do not know how to attach a file to one of these replies, please help. Tony

Hello @TonyGIG thank you for sending the sample via email - I did receive it :slight_smile: I have recorded a quick video guide here on how I would tackle the issues inside the presets: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Let me know if you have any further questions Tony! Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thanks Izabela, very helpful! The noise in this is pretty difficult to remove I think.

So one more question. When I pull a file into a preset and the preset does something to it, do I think go to “Save As” and save the adjusted file to a specific file name? Thanks.

You will then need to mix down the session file first to a file (as you want to save an mp3/wav file - not another session. And then save as to a specific file format. Does that make sense?