Sound level recording in Adobe Audition

Hi Guys,

My set up is I use Sontronics Podcast Pro mics, through an ART Studio V3 into a RodeCaster Pro then into my M1 iMac recording on Multichannel in Adobe Audition. It doesn’t matter what I do with levels it still record’s quite, I have tried changing levels on the RodeCaster also tuning off all processing and upping and downing the volume on both Studio 3 and RodeCaster.

In post production I adjust the levels manually on each track, I have also tried using Speech volume leverler and in favourites Normalise to -0.1 dB, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

The Tim Heale Podcasts

@TimHeale9 this is a great question and I’d say that your dynamic Sontronics microphone is the weak link in this chain.

Dynamic microphones usually come in a little quiet so I’d recommend using something to give a clean boost to the volume. Something like the Cloudlifter CL-1 should do the trick!

Thanks Mike,

I have just ordered a Cloudlifter CL-2 as I mainly just interview one person at a time, where is the best place to put it in the chain, direct to the mics then into the dbx166xs then into the RodeCaster?

Regards

Tim