Some clarifications on the use of MRCv2.0 Presets

I’d like to try to understand some of the Audition functions applied to Mike’s preset.

1. First of all, I was wondering in practice what the “FILTER / EQ. PARAMETRIC / LIMITER” audition preset is (what is that curve like in what way is it useful in practice?)

2. In Mike’s Presets (MRCv2.0) I can’t understand the use of the BUS in the Advanced preset …
    I don’t understand why each track has 2 BUS channels assigned.

In practice, all channels are assigned a main audio process BUS, the yellow one at the bottom > “Voice (FX)”.
Until here all Ok. I don’t understand why inside “Voice (FX)” there are also two analog delay effects, Studio Reverb
and these same effects are also present in the “Voice Processed (FX)” BUS

1. What is the difference in why effects are applied directly on the track, applied to the BUS (voice … (FX) the one below the track), applied to the BUS at the bottom of all the tracks before the master?

• Music Reverb = used to apply studio reverb to music tracks? what is the advantage?
  • Post Mixer = what is it for? what should be applied after the mixer output (right master)?

I don’t understand the use of many BUS tracks!

But shouldn’t noise reduction filters, reverb removal etc be applied in the MRC preset (as used in the PODCAST preset)?

Hey there @Nicky_G here are some answers to help you along!

1. Parametric EQ is designed to complement the voice in multiple ways by rolling off low end frequencies, enhancing the mid and presence and also adding on high end for extra sparkle :wink:
  2. Yes, there are 2 BUS tracks for each track. More than you imagine, right?! One is to simply apply vocal processing effects. The other takes a clean feed of the vocal and, as you correctly observe, allows you to enable either reverb, analogue delay or both. These are great vocal effects that can sound good in the right context (e.g. radio imaging/promos etc.)
  3. The vocal tracks need to be as simple as possible. Usually just one or two effects applied. The Voice FX BUS will then do the heavy processing followed by a BUS for reverb and/or delay (as seen in answer number 2).
  4. Music reverb is there to create “false endings” to music tracks. I do this pretty much every week on our live stream. It’s such a handy feature to have! See the below video to see how it could work.

Enjoy!