Pop Shield for Mic (with links)

Rycote Invision Universal Pop Filter @Mike
http://www.studiocare.com/rycote-invision-universal-pop-filter-045001.html?__store=default&utm_source=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw557NBRC9ARIsAHJvVVMrHAdHf8zQ3O4NuKNiRp5RIj878R-jz-VuyUT7CyiHwDjW3cIieUaAreUEALw_wcB

1 Like

here you go @Mike the Rolls Royce of pop filters. Zero degradation…

1 Like

Looks pretty cool. Thank you @David I’m interested to hear about pop filters. Is there a difference in quality (the more you pay) or… is a pop filter a pop filter no matter what?

1 Like

hi @Mike. This was recommended to me by another presenter on the station. All I can tell is the sound is somehow ‘cleaner’ and brighter. A worthy buy. Hope your weekend is great and the op not too grim. Catch you on 18th! D

1 Like
2 Likes

There are comments against and pro, personally I find them very useful

2 Likes

I am pro the use of pop filter, as you protect your condenser microphone, expensive or cheap.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree on the use of a pop filter.

I tested without for a while but for the protection it offers it is worth it. This is especially true if you have an expensive microphone and don’t want to damage the internal parts with your salty saliva.

If you have a good pop filter it should not make a difference to audio quality. Pops should not be an issue with or without a pop filter if you have good mic technique.

1 Like