Mixing Desk for radio internet station

Hi all, I wonder if someone could point me in some direction. I am looking at advancing my internet radio station. I would like to take calls for interviews both pre-recorded and live as well as mix music. I think I need a mixing desk for all of this? If I am correct what would be a good mixing desk to buy for this ? I use adobe audition cloud daw . So if anyone can help point me in the right direction please I would be eternally grateful :heart:

1 Like

@Gary_RadioLichfield the better question atm is what are you using NOW !!!

That will determine where you need to go

1 Like

Thanks MSJ! At the moment i have a Focusrite Studio 212 2nd Gen with condenser mic . I am thinking that if i get a mixer to connect to the PC (Windows) i could then use that to do live interviews or pre-record interviews. Skype or phone calls etc…

I have Adobe Audition as my DAW and audacity too. We use Radio.co as our broadcasting software for Radio Lichfield

If i have missed anything please let me know and thanks for reaching out

Cheers

Gary

Hey @Gary_RadioLichfield, i would recommend the Rodecaster Pro! It allows you to take calls via Bluetooth, 3.5mm and USB cable, the caller can hear everything that comes through the mixer except for them selves which is great if you are playing jingles etc. and you want them to hear it. Visit the website for more details on what it can do or check out @Mike’s great videos all about the Rodecaster Pro!!

Let me know if you have any questions!

2 Likes

Ok , yes will check it out. I have also had mikes recommendation of the soundcraft mixer too… so will compare both and see which is a good match ! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me

Cheers
Gary

I would recommend against the Rodecaster pro for this use.

It’s great for recording a podcast where you can post process your audio but for a live situation I would advise against getting a better mixer.