Mike's Live Jingles Remix #MegaThread

You are taking your productions to a whole new level @DavidHunterScot!

You’ve only yourself to blame @Mike!

Your intro should say ‘starting in 30 seconds’ on the 30 second mark, it doesn’t, and it should end exactly when we see you, not with the logo animation taking up a few more seconds, so thought mine was a little bit of an improvement on yours as far as that’s concerned.

An added touch, I took your countdown and put it for 10 downwards into the mix with a slow fade to the logo so both ended at the right point.

Who knows what you’ll possess me to make next!

3 Likes

I won’t be able to tune in today @Mike, a regular Tuesday thing now where I’m out in the afternoon during your show. :frowning:

It would be good if your Mic was to fail during a jingle play so I would have less talk over to work around and more awesome jingle to remix, but that is unlikely to happen, because you’re too good for a mic failure, and you love making my remixing work difficult. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Will probably watch the replay.

I appreciate you, @DavidHunterScot!

1 Like

Well I watched today’s live stream, and I must thank you @Mike for the special shout out at the start and the gold you left for me, it allowed me to make this, just for you and the community.

https://assets.davidhunter.scot/downloads/musicradiocreative/MondayToFridayLive_Remix1.mp3

Also, unexpectedly found this in the live stream which I honestly did not expect, but it wowed me, so I had to put it here.

https://assets.davidhunter.scot/downloads/musicradiocreative/DoomsDay.mp3

Hope you enjoyed, and you can let me know what you think.

1 Like

So creative! Incredible.

3 Likes

All I’ll say is you can look forward to the stream today. A couple of new sung jingles heading into the mix. Tune in to find out how they sound.

Also, we are working on brand new original jingle themes that should appear on the live stream shortly too.

So exciting! :tada:

1 Like

Now I’ll probably have to find a way to hack your system cos I can tell they’ll be too awesome to resist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Badly need acapellas for my remixes. My latest which I haven’t shared come very close to @Mike’s actual jingles for his Hermes Monday to Friday live.

Remember it’s bad very bad to talk over MRC Live Jingles!

@DavidHunterScot here is a hack for you, find same instrumental part that has acapella over it. It must be without any other sounds, invert phase on that one and match the beats in multitrack. Music should cancel each other and you should have acapella for your remixes :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Saba

Thank you for your hacking suggestion, but I believe it would be harder than it sounds to do, simply because the bed under the acapella is slightly different to that of just a bed, but will give it a go and see if it works.

If it works, Mike has to be really careful what jingles he plays or else they could be in danger of being remixed.

@DavidHunterScot I believe that you will find it somewhere…Now @Mike If you want me to keep my mouth shut we have to make some kind of deal :smiley:

I won’t be able to tune in tomorrow, so here as promised, a cut of one of my jingle remakes, using audio I’ve had at my disposal.

1 Like

Ha ha, @Saba that is a clever tip to invert phase on the jingles!

1 Like

I didn’t manage to figure out how to do that, so a tutorial would be helpful :slight_smile:

@DavidHunterScot really :smiley: now @Mike will never make that tutorial. I don’t have Audition at home, but I’ll try to find out :smiley:

Here’s the long cut for you guys.

Enjoy.

@DavidHunterScot, I don´t know for sure if this is what @Saba was talking about the phase cancellation, but maybe it is.

Phase

Hi @Juanmapinker

It looks exactly what @Saba was talking about, and looks exactly like what I need if it works the way I think it does, one issue though, I don’t have a mac, and therefore don’t have pro tools. How do I do the same in Audition, and without any premium plugins?

In audition you have the invert effect
Invert a waveform

The Invert effect inverts audio phase by 180 degrees. (To understand phase degrees, see Waveform measurements.)

Inverting doesn’t produce an audible change on an individual waveform, but you can hear a difference when combining waveforms. For example, you might invert pasted audio to better align it with existing audio. Or, you could invert one channel of a stereo file to correct an out‑of‑phase recording.

If you want to invert part of a waveform, select the desired range. Or, deselect all audio data to invert the entire waveform.
Choose Effects > Invert.

And other thing. On a pc you can download PRO TOOLS FIRST which it’s totally free but limited on the number of sessions. You can try it also @DavidHunterScot :wink:

1 Like

@Juanmapinker That is that…invert effect, or invert phase :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like