How to set up a stairstep keyboard shortcut

Hello, I’m using Adobe Audition and I’m trying to figure out how to set up a keyboard shortcut so when I make a mistake doing voice over I hit a key and it jumps to record a new track at the very end of the last track. It is a fast way to edit but I no longer want to use Audacity to do this. Any ideas on how to set this up? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Have you thought, rather than creating a new track and having to join them all up, of getting a clicker and clicking it when you make a mistake so you’ll easily recognise the spike on the waveform? You could also clap and that would have same effect on the waveform as both of these would produce a distinctive shape on the waveform which you’d easily recognise?

That way you just have to edit out the bad take but you’re recording session remains in one file for ease of editing?

1 Like

That’s a great suggestion @markdenholm and definitely would be time saving too for @MusicGal!

Another way to go around it would be to use Punch and Roll feature. @Mike has covered it well in this video here:

1 Like