How to cancel jobs when adobe audition doesnt want ot quit on mac?

I can not quit, i can not update my sistem, i can not restart the computer, i can not do anything. Can somebody please help me?

Thank you

Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. This will force a shutdown. It may not reboot cleanly but most Macs deal with it OK.

Hi Natasa,

You could also try this… Press and hold down the following three keys all at the same time:-
Option + Command + Esc

This will then bring up a window with a list of choices for any software running at the time that you can ask to ‘Force Quit’.

Select the software you wish to shutdown, then either click with your mouse/tracker-ball/whatever on ‘Force Quit’ or confirm with a tap of the ‘Return Key’.

You will then get a second chance to either ‘Cancel’ the action or ‘Force Quit’ the software. Confirm your intention again by clicking on the appropriate choice.

This method saves you rebooting and waiting for your Mac to recover itself.

If on the rare occasion the software doesn’t close down and you are unable to move your mouse cursor because it is ‘Frozen’ in place on your screen, then it’s time to use the method @Mark_Phillips has shared above.

IanT.

Ah yes, quite right @IanT. I forgot the Mac version of CTRL+ALT+DEL (which is the Windows “Three Finger Salute”