Highlight Creator for Adobe Audition

I’ve had a long absence from this community, I can’t guarantee that ill stay for long this time around, but I do want to share my latest project with the community as you might find it useful.

I was recently asked for help on automating the creation of clip highlights in Adobe Audition, and I quickly concluded that a CEP extension panel was the best approach. And thus the Highlight Creator panel for Adobe Audition was born:

demo

It’s really easy and straightforward to use:

1. Enter the duration(in seconds) that you want your highlight clip to be in.
  2. Press the “Get Selection and Copy to New” button to make a selection and copy it to a new document.

The extension also supports keyboard shortcuts: pressing CMD+F on Mac or CTRL+F on Windows while the panel is in focus will make and copy the selection to a new document without needing to press the button in the panel manually.

The extension can be downloaded and installed using installers for both Mac and Windows here: Releases · Hennamann/Audition-Highlight-Creator · GitHub

As per usual with my extensions, the source code (with comments where needed) can be found on GitHub: GitHub - Hennamann/Audition-Highlight-Creator: A simple Adobe Audition extension for creating clip highlights from a running recording

I hope to get it released on Adobe Exchange at some point as well. If you have any questions or you run into any problems, don’t hesitate to post a reply and I’ll do my best to answer/help!

Hi OleHenrik,

I just downloaded it and will try it out in the next time. I think for me it could be quite useful. I will give feedback here. Thank you. Do you develop for Adobe Audition? Because what I miss is a Notepad, where I can note some todos or ideas on tracks. Memos I do not want to forget and some details on adjustments of Effects or Plugins and why I made this. Because i somethimes forget some good ideas and if I could note these to my tracks would help me a lot.

Greets,
piitciia.

You might have missed my first extension, The notes panel for Audition: Notes Panel for Adobe Audition It does not support notes for individual tracks but does work on both audio files and multitrack sessions. Adobe Exchange

I might make a new version with support for tracks too at some point.

Hi OleHenrik,

thanks for the quick answer, oh great, I indeed missed this. Unfortunately I can not install the extension … neither via Extension Manager nor manually

I am up to date with AA CC 2018 …

Yes, my offline installers are out of date, I would recommend installing it using: Adobe Exchange if you are unable to, install it manually using http://zxpinstaller.com/

I’ve pushed a new release of the extension as the initial release had an issue where the button for making the selection and copying it to a new document was not responsive, this has now been fixed in version 1.0.1 which can be downloaded here: Release Button Fix · Hennamann/Audition-Highlight-Creator · GitHub.

Thanks OleHenrik, now it works fine. Exactly what I’ve been looking for. The zxpinstaller did the job.

OleHenrik, please, I need one more time you help. Today I startet Audition an got this Error from Notes Plugin.

Hi OleHenrik, in this moment the Creative Cloud did some updates automatically and now the notepad works again. The Creative Cloud said, that it is updating the Plugin an did it in the background. Perfect.