Help Setting Up New CIC Station

As an avid follower of MRC YouTube broadcasts, I need the help and advice from the forum please, and support ASAP.

I am an ex-commercial radio presenter from 1990s as well as being a business mentor, Charity CEO, Doctor and currently a voice-over artist (in differing styles & accents!) even providing Vo to BBC.

My requests are really twofold.

1. I have been asked to start a not for profit community radio station broadcasting online. I have been trawling the net now for weeks trying to work out the best way forward. It has become evident that I may find the answer to all of my problems, (I hope), in this forum. I will start off by stating that I am self-funding the station, so cashflow is very tight! There is no need for me to tell you what I need save to say the following:
  • Music / MP3s including current hits right through to country classics and a News link
  • Integration into current or adapted website www.RadioSilk.com
  • A direct App for iOS and android
  • A direct Alexa link, whereby a listener can simply say “Alexa, play Radio Silk” or nearest available name (i.e. …Radio Silk Exeter or Radio Silk Devon etc.)
  • A host of Radio Silk Jingles including Advertisements for different programmes, ads to encourage companies to advertise with Radio Silk
  • Advertisements, created from different voices from this website, or freeware, for companies as and when we can generate such interest.
  • Support with PPL/PRS/Ofcom.
  • General support where required.
  • Anything else you can think of that will help.
  1. I have been asked to help a not for profit community radio station broadcasting online. I have been trawling the net again now for weeks trying to work out the best way forward to help them. They currently broadcast using TuneIn. It has become evident that this forum may be able to help me to answer to their issues, (I hope). They are self-funded by one of the CIC directors of the station, so their cashflow is very tight and due to their lack of community sponsorship & engagement, they have no income from advertising & their ‘canned’ programmes are all prerecorded & repeated several times each week! I have been asked to take over the breakfast show Mon-Fri, but providing pre-recorded voice inserts one week in advance. There is no need for me to tell you what they need save to say the fact that they have had some inappropriately inserted ‘jingles’ made in March of this year. My analysis so far is that I need to engage them & provide access to the following:
  • Music /MP3s & News including current hits right through to country classics
  • Integration into current or adapted website maybe shortening the website address???
  • A direct App for iOS and android rather than through TuneIn
  • A direct Alexa link, whereby a listener can simply say “Alexa, play …” or nearest available name … Radio etc.)
  • A host of Jingles including Advertisements for different programmes, ads to encourage companies to advertise with the station
  • Advertisements, created from different voices from the MRC website, or elsewhere at little cost. for companies as and when we can generate such interest.

Genuinely, I am sorry to bombard this forum with these requests, the biggest issue is that I have found hundreds of websites offering to host the station but they don’t say whether such hosting includes the availability of media to play on such stations!!

I look forward to hearing from who can help me soonest and please, please keep on doing what you do best, keep safe.

Kind regards