Focusrite/Adobe Audition Issues

Hi all,

I’m currently working with a 4-mic Focusrite box that I have 3 mics plugged into. The thing is, Audition is only reading two of the inputs, not all three. My Focusrite connects into my laptop via USB, and I always select ‘Focusrite’ (other options are only my laptop speakers) in the Audition Audio Hardware settings when I connect. Any clue why or how to fix it?

Tech support told me it may be an issue with having a potentially non-compatible third-party mixer, but I’m not sure that’s true. Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling the Focusrite? Previously, we only had a Focusrite that could support 2 mics, and I’m not sure if it’s still only registering 2 for that reason. When I called Focusrite for support, they told me to just use Ableton, but I much prefer Audition and would appreciate any insights!!

Thank you

It would probably be best to remove the drivers from the previous interface and then install the drivers for the new interface.

Guessing also that you’re using the Focusrite as an ASIO device? If someone you should be able to record a multi-track session picking up and assigning each of the inputs independently.

1 Like