Export whole Session Mixdown from In Marker to Out Marker?

Is there an export function (whole session) where I can choose “Mixdown from In Marker to Out Marker” as in Premiere? Or do I have to select the area first by cursor?

This is fairly simple to do. Put the in marker at the start of the selection you want to mix down and the outmarker at the end. When you select mixdown you mixdown time selection rather than entire session.

Hope this helps

Hi @piitciia! the markers are “range markers” not “point markers” as adobe said one time, as @markdenholm said, use the “i” and “o” keys to stablish your in and out points and mixdown from there.

Cheers!

:metal::headphones::metal:

Good job @Juanmapinker, I meant to include the keyboard shortcuts but totally forgot

1 Like

Hi @markdenholm, thanxs, I do this every time like this but then for mixdown I always have to select the timeselection befor mixdown and I wondered, if there is a way to mixdown the inbetween time without everytime selecting it before?

Hi @Juanmapinker, thanks, aha, the i and o works fine, it is faster than everytime make the timeselection again. In Premiere you can “mixdown” the video every time again without making a timeselection once you have set the in and out, and this I was searching vor in AA. So you have always select the time inbetween in and out in AA? Thanks.

Hi @piitciia i think you’ve answered your own question. In order to mix down a time section you first have to define that time section. In order to do this in adobe audition you use I and O to place in and out markers.

I get what you’re saying about wanting to be able to mix between marker 1 and marker 2 but for mix down purposes adobe audition doesn’t recognise those as time selections, only “place markers”.

Your only option is to define the time selection and mix it down that way.

1 Like

Hi @markdenholm and @Juanmapinker, I was actually looking for a different kind of solution respectively I meant an other solution and did not articulate it well. In Premiere an in and out marker is always an area. I did not know so far, how to get the in and out point markers (clue markers and CD markers I guess?) as an joined area, so that this area is always selectable for mixdown as selection with just one click, so I do not always have to make the in and out timeselection by dragging it every time … thanks for all your hints …

Hi @piitciia Once you’ve defined the in and out markers that area should stay selected until you clear it so you should only have to select it once (for each section) then if you make changes within that selection the in and out will still be placed enabling you to just mix down that time selection again.

1 Like

Hi @markdenholm, yes, that’s what I’ve been struggling with … thanks.

Glad that you found the solution @piitciia. Have a great week :wink: you too @markdenholm, by the way Mark, I post a topic about bypassing all the effects in several tracks at once. Do you know how to do that? I haven’t found a solution so far.

Cheers

Hi you 2, thanks to your help I am no a bit better at AA :wink: I hope you have a great week too. This would be indeed interesting, what you are asking @Juanmapinker. What I did not found aswell so far is, if it is possible to copy a plugin or effect on the effect rack of a track and paste it into the slot of another track rack effect. This is a thing I miss so far aswell. I hope I can catch you at the next live stream @Juanmapinker I saw in the review, that you were online that day. See ya soon …

:raised_hands:

Yes you can copy. Just press “Shift” and without realeasing the “shift” key, drag the effect to another slot of a different track. You must do this on the “MIXER” view. There you will see all the channels with the FX slots. Hope to see you soon too @piitciia.

Ah really, awesome! Thank you some much, great great great!

1 Like

As far as I know @Juanmapinker you can do this on a per track basis by disabling all the effects in the effects rack per track but I don’t know there’s any way to disable all effects in one go in a multi-track session other than track by track.

If you turn off the power button at the bottom of the effects rack that bypasses all the effects lined up for that track which may be a workaround for you but obviously depends on how many tracks are in your multi-track session.

Thanks @markdenholm, yes that power button I know about it. I also try with the key shortcut “ctrl+shift” on my PC. But only work to mute, solo and arm multiple tracks. I’m working on a project of more than 20 tracks so imagine the frustration of disable track per track… Thank you anyway and see you here.

Cheers!

Old Adobe Audition 3.0 had function, when you mixdown all tracks in session, software mixed from start of first “clip” in session to end of last “clip” in session. But, in newer versions, 5.0, CC and newer, software also mixes up silence in the start and on the end. I don’t know for wich purpuose is this function, but sometimes is annoying. I don’t know how to make mixdown without this silence.

Hi @Mihael, you can select only the time you want to export (without the silence in front) and on this time selection add a clue marker. Then you always can select only the timeselection by double clicking on the cluemarker and export the whole timeselection and then there is only the mixdown without the silence. I hope it helps …