Dynamic microphone competion

Hello there.
I am looking to buy a new dynamic microphone for outdoor interviews and indoor recording.
We have narrowed it down to these mics
beyer dynamic M 58: https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/m-58.html
electro voice RE50L: RE50L Handheld interview microphone w/ long handle by Electro-Voice
Rode reporter mic: Reporter | Handheld Interview Microphone | RØDE

Has anyoine any ideas on which of these 3 are the best?
Or indeed any other ideas.
Our budget is around the £150 mark.

Thanks everyone.

I’ve been using a Beyer M58 (long handle version) for some time for field recordings (ENG news/interviews) in a variety of locations and noise levels - I can recommend it. Good range, no too sensitive to loud surrounding sounds and very rugged. Great piece of kit.

I tested many different mics last year including budget dynamics:

My conclusion in the budget end is you want an sE V7:

1 Like

I’ve used the ElectroVoice RE50L for recording individual interviews outdoors in crowds of 50,000+ people, and at other times with lots of wind and road noise, and it delivered fantastic sound with superb focus and clarity on the interviewee, while still allowing some ambient environmental sound. There’s a reason why many news outlets use this mic and that you regularly see it in use at news conferences. I have not used either of the other mic options.

Here’s a Facebook Live video where I used the ElectroVoice RE50L in a crowd setting while interviewing people (where this mic excels), bringing the sound directly into my iPhone with the RØDE i-XLR digital XLR interface for Apple iOS devices: LIVE: Walk for Life West Coast in San Francisco with Students for Life of America! | By Students for Life of America | Facebook

That is one great sounding microphone for outdoor work David.

I picked up the RØDELink Newsshooter Kit recently which has proved to be an amazing microphone for outdoors too. It has the added benefit of allowing you to add a mic flag with your logo.

Thanks for sharing that. I’m continually impressed by the value and quality of RØDE mics and gear!