Combining audio tracks

Hi, I am starting to use your side.fm software for creating my podcast and it creates separate tracks. Can someone advise me how to combine separate tracks using Adobe audition thanks.

First what do you mean with seperate tracks… In Adobe audition you can use Multitrack, this means you can put several tracks under each other and combine the tracks. Save (read export) to one file like mp3 or flacc or wav, whatever you use. When I use audition for my radio broadcast, similar to podcast I always made that in Multitrack of Audition.

Yes, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to combine separate tracks using Adobe Audition:

1. Open Adobe Audition and create a new session.
  2. In the Files panel, navigate to the location of the separate audio tracks you wish to combine.
  3. Select the first track, then hold down the “Ctrl” key (or “Command” key on a Mac) and select the other tracks you wish to combine.
  4. Drag the selected tracks from the Files panel into the multitrack session.
  5. In the multitrack session, arrange the tracks in the order you want them to play.
  6. To adjust the volume and pan of each track, use the controls in the Mixer panel.
  7. To add effects, such as EQ or compression, use the Effects menu or the Effects Rack.
  8. Once you are satisfied with the arrangement and effects, select the entire session (Ctrl+A) and export the combined audio as a single file.

Please note, if you want to adjust the time between tracks or cross-fade between them, you can use the Time Shift and Crossfade tools.

I hope this helps you to combine your separate tracks and create your podcast. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Mike thank you very helpful. Question on “adjust the volume and pan of each track” - not something I have done in the past. Does this mean I can adjust the audio volume of each track separate? Not sure also where the Mixer panel is, is that on the left side of Audition?

Again thanks. Liking Riverside. Tony

Thanks, Tony! Great question about the volume and pan. You can find those controls at the side of each track or by clicking the Mixer tab at the top, as shown in this image.