Audio waves almost as a straight line

Adobe Audition: I have a Dell ACPI x64-based PC which has 237 GB and I have free 175 GB. I have a USB Audio technica 2020 which I plug into an Insignia travel hub and an audio technica headset. For a few weeks now, I had no problem seeing my audio waves/Spectral while I am recording. What I see now is almost a solid line on the audiowaves section and faint Spectral features at the bottom and my volume when playing back is very low. I try to re-record and changing the volume of the mic up and down and nothing changes. I go to the hardware preferences and I am showing: Device Class: MME / Default input: default system microphone AT2020USB / Default output: default system headphones AT2020USB / Clock: System default: headphones AT2020USB and checkmark on use machine-specific device defaults.

On the waveform that shows an almost solid line, if I go to Favorites → Normalize to -3db, then I can see the waveforms.

I’ve also noticed that when launching AA, the screen scrolls up slowly before launching into the main black workspace window. It used to launched right into the last black workspace.

Really need some ideas. I’ve rebooted so many times. Wonder if I should uninstall AA and re-install it.

It sounds like there may be an issue with your audio device settings in Adobe Audition. I suggest trying the following:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and make sure that the correct input and output devices are selected for your microphone and headphones.
  2. Make sure that your microphone and headphones are properly connected to the Insignia travel hub.
  3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Audition to see if that resolves the issue.
  4. If the problem persists, try updating the drivers for your microphone and headphones.
  5. You can also try to use the “Normalize” option to correct the audio levels when you see a solid line on the audio waveform but this may increase background noise and be an undesirable solution.
  6. You can also check for any software updates for Adobe Audition, Windows and your computer.
  7. If none of these steps solve the problem, you may want to consider seeking further assistance from the Adobe support team.