Apollo Twin and Adobe Audition

I really like adobe audition. I use an apollo twin interface to record. I’ve seen a lot of videos that show how to configure ur apollo with other DAW’s like ableton, pro tools, etc., but i don’t see any for audition. Does anyone have this setup and any tips that they would like to share?

Thanks,
Hugo Mon

That looks like a cool bit of kit @HUGOMONSTER. I’ve not used the Apollo Twin myself but I’m sure others will have ideas. It should configure similar to other audio interfaces in Audition’s preferences.

Is there anything special about it you’re trying to get working?

it’s a pretty awesome interface. I wanted to learn how to use the auxiliary tracks. I’m not to sure how use them on the apollo console but I did notice a video turn down an effect via an auxiliary track in adobe audition.

I have been using a RME Babyface and a Babyface Pro to record my podcasts.
Lately I got hold of an Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB which is an awesome piece of hardware and I also have the same problem as you, I don’t know how to configure aux tracks.
RME is by far easier to configure, but the Apollo sounds maybe even better.

Glad to know i’m not the only one. coo man i was going crazy. lol.

Greetings. So here we are in 2020, and it seems like there aren’t a lot of answers to the Audition/Apollo Twin USB combo. I’m an avid Audition fan, and recently got my Apollo Twin USB. It works great with realtime plug-ins when I’m doing voiceover work. Live podcast recording is another problem. I’d like to be able to record other hosts and interviews using the virtual channels so that I can apply realtime processing…can’t get it to work. The odd thing is that the Apollo’s console app is integrated with Audition, so that input/output routing is handled in Audition rather than from the Apollo Console itself. I can’t figure out how to route appropriately. If anyone has any ideas, I’d really appreciate them. I’m happy to contribute whatever I learn.

Hi all. I am new to the site, and found this discussion. I appreciate it is a few years on from the initial post, but I am new to Audition, have been following Mike’s fantastic YouTube Videos for Podcasting through Audition, but I have come across something that is related to the above, but can’t find any information on. I want to record 32 bit Float through Audition, and I have read an article saying you can set your Interface to pump out 24 Bit Audio, and Audition will convert it for you. Now, I record directly into Audition using the Apollo Twin latest version, but can’t find any config to change the output of the Twin to 24 bit, and if it’s just an interface surely it is all down to Audition to confirm the WAV file type when recordings are complete. Currently they all say 16 bit when recordings are finished. Yes you do have the ability to save your Multitrack mix down to 32 bit Float, but isn’t the whole point of 32 bit Float recording to avoid peaks during the Recording itself? In short, does anyone know if you can record 32 bit Float as your default recording WAV file type directly through Audition using an Apollo Twin? Help would be GREATLY appreciated … thanks.

Update: I worked out how to do this. Ok, well not completely, as I don’t think you can configure the Apollo to send 24 bit, but will update again if I find out how to. Regarding recording in 32 Bit Float, what I had done was create a Multitrack template a few weeks ago, and as I have been adding to it, I kept writing over the Template to get it perfected. Of course, when I originally set it up the first time, I had chosen 16 bit in the bit rate options and you can’t change that after it is created (well you can, but it’s all about text editors etc, and I don’t mess with those things). So all I did was took the Template I had created, saved all the Rack Effects for my individual tracks again to make sure I had latest copies, then opened up a new Multitrack set to NONE at the top, and 32 bit Float as the bit rate, removed tracks I didn’t need, added Rack effects to each Track I had already saved away, then went back into a previous Multitrack Session for one of my Podcasts, copied the intro music by hovering over the WAV in the Track line and hit copy, re opened the new Multitrack 32 Bit Float version, hit paste, and did that for my outro music too, then last of all saved it as a Multitrack as a TEMPLATE ready for every Podcast in the future and they will of course all be 32 Bit Float. Hope that helps anyone out there! Any questions … let me know …

It’s great that you’ve found a solution to your problem. To clarify, you don’t need to configure your Apollo Twin to output 24-bit audio in order to record in 32-bit float in Audition. When you record in 32-bit float Audition captures the full dynamic range of the audio signal regardless of whether it’s sent as 16-bit or 24-bit.

With 32-bit float recording, you can avoid audio distortion even if you accidentally clip the input signal. It’s great that you’ve created a template to make recording your podcasts in 32-bit float easier in the future. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!