Adobe Audition CC 2018 is here now!

@DavidHunterScot or @Mr-Shortcuts can either of you advise on my earlier question? thanks.

You are absolutely right @DavidHunterScot , your are paying for something use it or not. I hope you can solve this.

Cheers!

Hi @Joycean_Rum, Are you using a Mac or PC? I’m asking because several years ago, audition had an issue with the OS X 10.11 “El Capitan” and I quote
"Attention Mac users:

We recommend users refrain from upgrading to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) at this time. Due to changes in application signing, users report crashing with many plugins and native effects. Additionally, there are many audio devices that will not function without updated drivers, and support has been dropped for many legacy devices by their manufacturers. Users may also not see the splash screen on launch.

As with most OS upgrades, you may wish to abstain from updating until your applications are confirmed to work correctly, or after any ongoing projects are complete."

I’m not telling that this is your problem but maybe can be useful. I’m on a PC windows 10 64 bits and no problems yet, and I hope it keeps this way. ;):metal::metal::headphones:

2 Likes

Hi @Joycean_Rum

@Juanmapinker gives a very good explanation there. I have nothing to offer, I’m sorry.

1 Like

After dealing with a very dumb support representative who couldn’t see the 100 GB on the screenshots I sent him, I eventually got a result.

Here is what I sent him that took forever to notice.

Chat lasted 1 hour 45 minutes. Regretting paying as much as I did back in February, and their prices have since increased. :frowning:

It’s always a pain in @$%/ but now you have more than 100GB!! Cheers @DavidHunterScot

1 Like

That’s a great result @DavidHunterScot on your Creative Cloud storage.

I can confirm, I checked my account, I have 100 GB space in total. I hardly use Creative Cloud storage at all so I switch the menu icon off and disable sync. I use Google Drive which gives me “unlimited” storage as part of our G Suite plan.

I think Creative cloud storage and sync will become more important, going forward, however. Especially with the clever announcements about Adobe Sensei (Adobe’s creative AI) in the Adobe Max 2017 keynote. I guess the 100 GB is more aimed towards photo editors using Lightroom, Photoshop and Capture.

I do greatly appreciate the ability to create Libraries in the cloud. I store all MRC logos, assets and colour palettes up in Creative Cloud. So handy for creating quick graphics and templates.

@LifeOfChris I’ve not had any issues with Waves Plugins so far and am using them regularly in CC 2018.

Answering @Steve_Moore @Joycean_Rum, yes, sometimes it is worth to wait or install on a 2nd computer (Adobe Creative Cloud allows simultaneous usage of apps on 2 devices at a time). I only had Audition crash on me once (it was during my live stream on release day). I’m willing to believe that’s because I didn’t close all windows and give the Mac a good reboot. Audition CC 2018 has been rock solid, for me, since then.

2 Likes

I too also mostly use my Google Drive which is unlimited as part of G Suite, but it was mostly what I saw in the keynote that made me think I might end up using my CC Drive for some things also, which lead me to notice the quota issue.

The guy was not that smart and struggled to understand my screenshots. Maybe my screenshots were hard to understand but I got a better result than I wanted in the end so it’s all good.

For me with what I’ve done so far, CC 2018 works fine. I’ve launched all apps at least once with most usage probably being in Audition and nothing crashed.

mac sierra 10.2 @Juanmapinker

@Joycean_Rum, I look at adobe support and I found this:

System requirements | October 2017 (11.0.0) release of Audition CC

macOS

Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
Mac OS X versions 10.11, 10.12, or 10.13
4GB of RAM
4GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
1920x1080 or larger display (for best results)
OpenGL 2.0–capable system; optional GPU for optimum video playback performance
USB interface and/or MIDI interface may be required for external control surface support (see manufacturer’s specifications for your device)
Optional: Optical drive for CD burning (SuperDrive recommended)
Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*

• This product may integrate with or allow access to certain Adobe or third-party hosted online services. Adobe online services, including the Adobe Creative Cloud service, are available only to users 13 and older and require agreement to additional terms and Adobe’s online privacy policy. The applications and online services are not available in all countries or languages, may require user registration, and may be subject to change or discontinuation without notice. Additional fees or membership charges may apply.

I’m not sure if the problem comes with in your OS version. At this point it’s better that you contact the support team from adobe.

Sorry that I did not solve your problem.
Cheers!

1 Like

On the 100GB issue:

I have been complaining to Adobe at every chance I get regarding storage space, When they make a service geared towards photographers and other media-related professions, offering 20gbs of storage space is just too little for something marketed as “Cloud Centered.” When I have made these complaints they have usually asked how much I think would be reasonable and I specified 1TB-3TB and get pretty much the same reply: “We agree, and that is the storage amount we are planning as well.”

I was hoping they would fix it this time around, but I ended up disappointed in way too expensive plans just for a measly 1TB when Google is offering Unlimited storage for G Suite for only 10$ a month. And with the new Google Drive File Stream, it seems like a no-brainer.

I like Adobe, probably more than most, heck I might be a bit too supportive of their choices in some situations, but the lack of storage in the “Creative Cloud” is truly disappointing to me.

2 Likes

My audition is crashing everytime I have the play head running and I apply an effect. Not sure what to do yet.

1 Like

If you send me the crash log, I could send it in to the Audition dev team for you, it would be fixed faster that way. Both the Crash report possibly reported on the crash and the audition log that you can find by pressing the “reveal log files” option under the Help menu.

2 Likes

sorry i have sierra 10.12.6 and all requirements it is not that, however now I can only, when installing previous versions, install the 5th or 6th version. 2018 is version 11, I desperately need the april 2017 version 10 Audition, and simply cannot find how nor can the support team appears, the link they sent me 5 times is the 2018 version, thanks. @OleHenrik @Juanmapinker @Mr-Shortcuts @Mike @Steve_Moore

me too
I am having very similar problems

@Mike How do I get the previous version, and I do mean the April 2017 update we have all been using?

Didn’t realize that was what you were looking for, here is the direct download for CC 2017: Adobe apps available for download You should also be able to install it from within the Creative Cloud app, but the link above should also work. :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Joycean_Rum, here is the direct download link for 2017
Lol @OleHenrik I did not see your post. Sorry

Adobe apps available for download

Cheers!

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Adobe Audition CC 2018 Issues

To keep things organized, I have created a dedicated topic for Audition CC 2018 issues and moved the relevant replies to that topic. If you have any other issues to report, report them over here: Adobe Audition CC 2018 Issues

1 Like