Adding live vocal FX to Audioarts 08 mixer

Hi! I just purchased an Audio Arts 08 mixer for an internet radio show.
How do I add Live vocal fX to the mixer for a live show using DBX 286s or Behringer FX2000 Virtualizer 3D Effects Processor?
Thanks

That’s a good question. I did the same thing, only I got the Air-1 mixer before thinking about using audio Fx’s on voices or anything else for that matter… I just wanted that mixer.

The solution I found was built into the Yamaha MG 10XU USB audio mixer which I got for 1/10th of the price I paid for my Air-1. There are other mixers with built-in voice fx generators at prices a lot lower than the cost of a mixer like the one you have.

Heck, for the amount I paid for my Air-1, I could have got the Yamaha I mentioned and a lot more stuff to go with it.

My plan is to use the Yamaha MG 10XU for all my in-house production since it’s so flexible and feature rich and the Air-1 for live in-studio play-out, so the effort, money and time won’t go to waist.

To be frank, I’m not sure "Live Vocal fx can be done on the fly with the mixer you have or with the DBX 286s. I have one of those too and it only seems like it allows me to get control over my mic output giving me the best natural voice possible… But Voice fx, I don’t think they do that kind of processing.

But, me being new at this audio thing altogether, puts me at a disadvantage in terms of answering your question.

I would try to pre-record as much of my Fx voice-over work as possible, while finding out how to do it the way you ask.

If you do find a way to do it with the tools you mentioned, please let me know… Would You.

Thanks.